The verification process and the documents required when purchasing:
The Certum E-mail ID Individual certifiacte
Certum E-mail ID Individual certificates are issued automatically based on the Subscriber’s demonstrated control over the e-mail address. Certum does not require any additional documents from the Subscriber.
The verification of access to the e-mail address consists in clicking on the verification link, which is sent during certificate activation to the e-mail address indicated by the customer.
In justified cases, the Certum Team may ask for sending additional documents necessary for proper verification.
The Certum Email ID Business certificate
In order to activate the Certum Email ID Business certificate, in addition to verification of the e-mail access, it is necessary to verify the identity of the Subscriber (person applying for the certificate). The method of verification is selected during certificate activation.
Verification based on documents
This method consists in sending the following documents:
- confirmation of identity at the Certum Point, (details: https://sklep.certum.pl/partnersmap/)
- notarial confirmation of identity
or for a quicker issuance
- a copy of the identity document of the ordering person (ID card, passport, driving license, permanent residence card). The copy should be a fully reproduced document (both sides).
The identity can also be confirmed on the basis of a valid qualified certificate issued for the Subscriber by Certum.
We would like to inform you that if you choose the option of a copy of the identity document, this copy will be used only for the purpose of processing the contract/order and after confirmation of your identity will not be further processed and will be immediately, permanently deleted from our database.
- additionally, also a power of attorney, authorization or employment certificate for the person whose data is to be included in the certificate is required – if such person represents the entity whose name is to appear in the field Organization.
- Telephone verification
If you select the phone verification option, Certum will contact you within 48 working hours using the phone number you have provided. The telephone number provided in the application for telephone verification must be a company number and be available in publicly available registers, e.g. DUNS, Business Activity Central Register and Information Record (CEiDG), Polish Central Statistical Office (GUS), pkt.pl, panoramafirm.pl or other public databases qualified as reliable and credible information sources.
Validity of the documents being the basis for verification of certification applications:
- For new certification applications and for renewed certificates, documents and information from public registers may not be older than 13 months,
- Authorization documents, whether they are timely or not – remain valid for 13 months from the date of issue,
- Identity documents must be up-to-date (valid) on the day the certificate is issued.
- Identity documents delivered to Certum by e-mail should be sent in a password-protected file, please contact the Certum technical support helpline in order to determine how to transfer the password